JOHN ABBOTT HOUSE
9 FITZGERALDS LANE
John Abbott House
The John Abbott house was constructed by local fisherman John Abbot (1867- 1948) around the time of his marriage to Priscilla Marsh (1867 – 1947) in 1894. The couple lived in the home with their only child, Hezekiah (1901 -1977). Following the death of his parents, Hezekiah, who was also a fisherman, inherited the family home and lived there with his wife Laura May Abbott (1903 – 1955) and their five children.
The home is currently covered in vinyl siding and retains no original architectural features. Once Bonavista Living fully restores the property several original features will be reinstated, such as two over two windows and storms with minimal window trim, as well as traditional spruce clapboard.