THE BAIT DEPOT
2-8 CAMPBELL STREET
The Bait Depot
The Bonavista Bait Depot was constructed in 1957. It is situated at 2-8 Campbell Street, which fronts onto the Bonavista Harbour. The building is a one-storey masonry structure equipped with all refrigeration and freezing equipment, which was used during the processing of fish at the time the Bait Depot was in full use.
The Bait Depot was operated by the Federal Government until the early 1990s.